Notes to Contributors
Links to Other Online Journals
Marginalia -- The Website of the MRG
The Marginalia committee will consider articles and book reviews on any aspect of the Middle Ages in England, and from any discipline. For the purposes of clarification, we consider the Middle Ages to encompass the years between 500 and 1500 AD, but will consider material that falls slightly outside these parameters if we feel it is particularly relevant to the study of medieval England. We will not consider editions or translations of text unless they are submitted as part of the relevant material for an article, nor will we publish any material that has been published previously (although we are happy to consider articles that have been presented as papers in conferences or seminars). Although we are happy to glance over brief abstracts before the final submission deadline, we will only consider articles that are in their final and complete form, barring any changes that our editors and readers may suggest before publication.
We request that submissions take the form of Microsoft Word email attachments accompanying emails to email@example.com. In the body of the email, please include the following information:
1. Your full namePlease ensure that you do NOT include any identifying information in your actual Word attachment, but do ensure that you include the title of your submission in the attachment, as well as a total word count at the end of the document.
2. The email address at which we should contact you (if it is different from the address from which you are writing)
3. The name of your institution (including the name of your department)
4. Your status (MPhil, Master's, MLitt, PhD, etc.)
5. The title of your submission
6. A total word count for your submission (including endnotes)
In general, we request that all formatting comply with the MHRA style guide (available online at www.mhra.org.uk). Citations should take the form of footnotes, and submissions should be double-spaced throughout (including footnotes).